There have been many religious questions going through my mind this past night, and I need to get them down before I go to bed and forget them. I will probably forget some anyway, but at least this way I will capture some of them.
1) If the Bible can be interpreted differently by different people, who decides who is interpreting it correctly? That is, if anyone is interpreting it at all.
2) If God has made us in his image, why do some religions teach that some people are wrong in their lives...as long as they are not hurting another person, why does how another lives their life have to affect another person?
3) Why are some people so hypocritical about religion? Preaching one thing, while living another?
4) Does God really judge everything I do as long as I am a good person, care about others, put other's wants and needs ahead of mine, and love?
5) Why is religion sometimes confused with law? I am not putting this correctly, but mostly I am talking about Mormons who practice polygamy? Why is it illegal to marry a child bride? They used to do it all the time in the ancient times? Why is it against the law to have more than one wife? As long as everyone accepts the lifestyle, who should be able to say that it's not right? I am Catholic and we believe that the bread and wine actually turn into the body and blood of Christ, isn't that cannibalism? I'm not saying that I believe in all that the polygamists believe in, but that's just me. As long as the people participating are okay with it, why is it wrong? All parties should agree with what is happening though, not just one person.
These are just the beginnings of my pondering and I plan on explaining my reasoning for these questions but it is time for bed. At least I can go with a clear head. Goodnight.
No comments:
Post a Comment